The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: SOUTHERN PEAKS REGIONAL TREATMENT CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
Under general supervision provides teaching/instruction services to students in general instruction or in a subject or assigned group of subjects. Motivates students to develop skills in assigned subject matters and performs related work as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements reflect responsibilities and competencies necessary to describe the core function of this position.
- Designs and prepares curricular overview of instructional program and studies based upon knowledge of subject matter, current instructional practices, students, and curriculum goals and assembles material to be presented.
- Presents lectures and discussions to group to increase students’ knowledge and competence.
- Tests and grades students on achievement in class, and administers standardized tests in accordance with established procedures.
- Evaluates student progress; provides students with specific evaluative feedback; maintains appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Implements a classroom management policy that fosters a safe and positive environment for all students and staff. Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Completes in-service training to meet the requirements for continued personal and professional self-development.
- Supports the company’s philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Role models and teaches effective supervision and management of students, interacts meaningfully with students, and observes student behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Assures and monitors student location and movement.
- Communicates effectively such as using various communication systems effectively, maintains regular communication with employees, peers, and supervisors, and provides constructive feedback to employees, peers, and supervisors.
- Maintains confidentiality of information as it relates to client information.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Support and promotes the Sanctuary Model and its Commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Teaching certificate/license (Secondary level required) from the state of Colorado.
- Endorsement and/or licensure in Special Education, Affective Needs or Generalist Preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the instruction of students with varied learning styles and levels of mastery.
- Meets the requirements of ‘No Child Left Behind’ Education Act.