Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Clerk - A/P
at RR Donnelley
Location: PSP - Sacramento
Under general supervision, the duties may include: maintaining or posting records in hard copy or automated systems; screening, reviewing, verifying, and coding accounting transaction documents; verifying and examining accounting records; correcting errors in posting entries, computations, and balances; reconciling balances, records, and documents, preparing summaries, statements, and reports. Employees at this level perform a variety of tasks that require the application of judgment and initiative, a thorough knowledge of bookkeeping, and a basic knowledge of accounting practices.
PSP expects all employees to differentiate themselves in the marketplace based on the personal service they give PSP’s customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Work assignments are often routine but on occasion may be non-routine and require some deviation from accepted practice and procedures to complete. Assignments are given in terms of subject area concerned, with specific objectives and possible problems identified. Follow guidelines which may include company and/or departmental policies and procedures, and rules and regulations that are well established but may require some deviation from normal operating procedures when completing more unique assignments
- Match approved purchase orders with received purchase orders, making copies as necessary on partially received orders and maintaining a matched purchase order filing system.
- Match invoices to matched purchase orders and verify that invoice pricing matches the purchase order.
- Research differences in invoice/purchase order amounts and either gain approval for the difference, or email/ fax vendor the notice of the discrepancy and any short payment that may result.
- Research invoices without purchase order numbers to verify the authenticity and get approval signatures for payment.
- Answer vendor inquiries regarding invoices and purchase orders.
- Code invoices and prepare for data entry to the Payables Entry module.
- Enter invoices in the Payables Entry module and print edit list for Controller review.
- Ensure each vendor has a valid W9 form on file and maintain the W9 file binder.
- Note any changes to vendor information and forward to the Controller for updating in the accounting system.
- Match invoices to checks printed by the Controller, making sure each invoice listed on the voucher is accounted for, and prepare for President signature.
- File unpaid and paid vouchers as appropriate and maintain filing system.
- Contribute to a team effort by performing other duties as requested.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- HS diploma or equivalent with 2-4 years of relevant administrative/operational support in manufacturing operations or office environment directly related to the duties of the job, OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience.
- Requires very good knowledge of general administrative/manufacturing operations procedures and knowledge of job specific processes to successfully execute and complete the more progressive/complex duties of the job.
- Ability to follow company policy and understand any rules or regulations governing the work being completed and impact work has on department or company.
- Must have very good knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as Excel, PSI, Macola, SAP, MS Office or MAC word processing, spreadsheets or other programs specific to the job in order to complete duties successfully.
- Requires good knowledge of multiple functions or areas of the business in which there is frequent contact with while completing daily work assignments of the job.
- Must have very good oral and written communication skills sufficient to explain departmental policy, methods and/or procedures when completing assignments. Requires very good organizational skills sufficient to accomplish work by established deadlines and ability to coordinate phases of work with others.
- Must have ability to:
- Apply bookkeeping practices and procedures
- Apply basic accounting techniques
- Apply office methods and procedures
- Compile complex financial information
- Operate electronic and/or other standard office equipment
- Work independently and exercise judgment