Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Resident Engineer/Structures Representative
at HDR, inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 149485
About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Resident Engineer / Structures Representative, we'll count on you to:
•Work independently under broad, general supervision and in conjunction with the Construction Project Manager
•Write and issue field orders, initiate change proposals for design team review and approval, estimate cost of changes, negotiate costs with contractors, and recommend acceptance to the Construction Project Manager
•Supervise and direct the activities of Construction Inspectors, testing services and sub consultants
•Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- 5 years progressive construction and engineering experience on transportation, road and/or bridge projects as a Resident Engineer with bridge experience OR Structures Representative.
- Must have a fundamental understanding of contracts and familiarity of Construction Management per the Caltrans Construction Manual
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications and identify discrepancies or conflicts within documents
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be computer literate, experience with Microsoft Office, or related construction packages
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Falsework, temporary structures, shoring, cast-in-place girder bridges, retaining walls, etc...
•Ability to interpret construction schedules
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.