Carollo Engineers, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
at Carollo Engineers, Inc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with project manager and clients
- Develops scopes of work for I&C systems, networks and projects
- Leads I&C design teams for medium and large projects
- Designs PLC SCADA networks for medium and large systems
- Specifies industrial fiber optic networks, systems and components
- Designs SCADA network block diagrams
- Selects instrumentation
- Develops P&IDs
- Develops control strategies
- Designs control panel layouts
- Prepares ISA data sheets and instrument sites
- Develops input/output point lists
- Reviews submittals
- Prepares specifications for instruments, computers, networking equipment, PLCs and associated components
- Develops preliminary and final construction cost estimates for I&C
- Meets with clients for design-related workshops, including instrument preferences, HMI graphics design and standard development
- Designs radio telemetry SCADA systems using microwave, spread spectrum, licensed MAS, cellular or other radio technologies
- Mentors and trains Staff Instrumentation Engineers
- Prepares technical memorandums and reports
- Manages the instrumentation portion of medium to large sized instrumentation and control projects for water and wastewater treatment facilities
- Conducts quality management reviews of instrumentation and control designs
- Participates in continuing editing and development of I&C master specifications
- Develops project specific specifications for unusual or unique instrumentation applications
- Prioritizes and balances competing project demands and conflicting project requirements
- Manages other instrumentation and control engineers and CADD technicians to effectively complete work with attention to detail
- Delegates tasks to others and follows ups on completion and quality of work
- Identifies and consults with others on solutions to unusual, difficult, or complex tasks
- Effectively participates in client contacts and business development efforts
- Identifies alternatives, evaluates each, and determines appropriate actions to move forward
- Makes solid and implementable decisions in a timely manner
- Reduces complex aspects of instrumentation and control engineering to terms understandable to others
- Attends to details in preparation or review of calculations, drawings, and specifications
- Monitors scope, schedule, and budget and controls the work to the project plan
- Understands, implements, and enforces company and client technical standards on projects
- Travel required when requested
- Makes site visits to observe during construction and operation
- Capable of 480 VAC designs, detailed conduit routing, P&IDs, load studies, power distribution, lighting and process control, short circuit studies, single line diagrams, elementary diagrams, MCC layouts, electrical specifications, logic diagrams, control schematics, assist in field construction and start-up activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering; Instrumentation and Control Engineering; Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years experience in electrical power and control systems for water, wastewater, and petrochemical facilities.
- PE registration required
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering; Instrumentation and Control Engineering; Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender Identity, ethnicity, or veteran status. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will also be considered in a manner that is consistent with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and/or any other similar ordinances as required.